Lydia is classic for getting sick when it's the time most you want them to be healthy. Christmas she breaks her collar bone, family trip to Disneyland she pukes for 3 days straight, lands us in a California hospital me fighting them on putting an IV in her. Two years ago on her birthday got to close to the candles to blow them out and burned her eyelash off. So it shouldn't have come as a shock to me yesterday, on her birthday she comes down with the flu. She wasn't puking so we went a head and had her party, mostly because I couldn't bare to tell her it was canceled. She tried really hard to act like everything was fine but I could tell she wasn't herself. She didn't eat her birthday cake or dinner which was probably a good idea. Me being pregnant and very emotional, I cried a lot for her yesterday. I felt bad that she was so excited and was counting down the days until her birthday for a week. She is at that age where she has caught on to the excitement of holidays and birthdays. She gets sick on her birthday and I'm sure it wasn't what she had anticipated. Here are a few pictures. On a more positive note, thank you to everyone who came to the party and we missed those who were not able to be there. She is playing this morning with all her presents and seems to be doing lots better. I also slept really well last night and so did Lydia. We got some much needed sleep. I can't believe my little baby is 4, where has the time gone. I love you my pretty little Lydie.
MHS Homecoming 2015
10 years ago
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Lydia! You are such a sweetie. Thanks everyone for the gifts and thanks Adrienne (mommy) for putting the party together. Love you girls!
What a beautiful little girl! Both of them. She doesnt looks sick at all! I cant wait to see what baby boy Ballingham looks like...he'll be such a beauty!
That's the worst when your kids are sick on their birthday (or holidays or vacations). I'm glad she's feeling a little better.
Happy Birthday Lydia! We love you so much. That is classic Lydie! How funny and yet...not so funny!
Happy Birthday My Pretty Lydie! Poor little girl but she did a good job and hung in there like a trooper.
She is such a sweetheart. I feel your pain, Eliza has a knack for getting sick at crazy times too.
I can't believe that times flies by so fast. I remember you prego with her and now look she is already 4! I'm sorry to hear that she was sick for her birthday. No fun there.
Post a Comment