Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy Birthday LYDIA!

Happy Birthday Lydia! I can't believe you are 5 today and headed off to kindergarten in a week. You are such a sweet girl and I love you so much!
Here is something Lydia said last week that cracked me up!

Lydia: Mom, I know what it is when you get baptized.
Me: Oh yeah?!?
Lydia: Yeah, I saw it on the Suite Life of Zach and Cody
(I knew she had no idea at this point).
It's when you sit in a chair and someone puts you to sleep and then your a dancer!
Me: (laughing) No honey... that hypnotize...
(then I went on explaining baptizm and all about the holy ghost).
The next day Lydia starts talking to my Mom about our conversation.
Lydia: Nana, I know what happens when you get baptized.
Nana: Oh yeah.. what?!?
Lydia: You go under water and then you get the Hostly Ghost
(and she did the whole ghost howl and the wiggling fingers).

9 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Lydia. You sure are a pretty little girl. I hope you have a great day.

Carlye Momma said...

HAHAHA! Oh that's HILARIOUS! She's beautiful! Can't believe our babies are about exact in age! Happy birthday beautiful girl!

Clint and Shari said...

HA HA HA! That is too funny. I love the things kids say.

Happy Birthday Lydia! She is a CUTIE PIE! Can't believe that she is already 5 years old.

Brett said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY LYDIE! I LOVE YOU!

Natalie said...

She's such a pretty little girl. That's funny about the hostly ghost!

smithblog said...

Happy Birthday Lydia! Sorry we couldn't come today. Hopefully we can see you soon. You are so adorable!

Kelly said...

So excited to celebrate her b-day this weekend! THat is a cute, cute picture of her.

Christina said...

That story is so cute!

I am nervous that my kids are learning way more from TV than from me...

Nana Sharples News said...

I LOVE YOU OUR PRETTY LITTLE LYDIE...
NANA