Friday, December 4, 2009

My Parents!




This time of year I am always thinking about the things I am most grateful for. One thing that is always top on my list is my family. I was told growing up that family is the most important thing. My parents have gone through and are still going through a lot. I know that we all have our own trials and tribulations to overcome... with that being said, my parents are no exception to that rule. I really look up to my mom and dad. I watch them and even when times are hard they do what they can to make sure we are okay and happy.
Today my mom and dad reminded me of what it was like growing up. We did fun things (that didn't cost a ton of money) and spent time just being together. On the way home from dinner my girls were in my dad's car and instead of going straight home he made a small detour. He took the kids in a cul-da-sac and just drove the car in cirlces. My mom after picking up the kids from school took them all to get an ice cream cone from Artic Circle. They drove around just laughing and playing.
We did things like this all the time just being together and making memories... to me that's what being a FAMILY is all about.
I LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!!

6 comments:

Jasmin said...

What a great post! That is what family is all about. Doing lil things like this will they will never forget. I have had to come up with many new things this year being a stay at home mom. They are amazing people!!! Trynity always tells me funny things her Nana does.

Clint and Shari said...

I Love your mom and dad too. They are the best!

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing family with amazing parents. I am so thankful for everything that they have taught me and for the chance to be a part of your family. I love all of you so much! I have so many memories with your family and I am grateful for everyone of them.

Nana Sharples News said...

To My Sweet Daughter...
Thank you so very much these ever-so-kind words. It means so much to parents when their children REMEMBER and comment on things we did in the past. I love you so much. My greatest accomplishments in my life are my children. I appreciate your words of love, it made me cry tears of joy and thankfulness.
mom

Tori said...

You do have one of the best families I have ever been around. I have many memories of them,especially your mom. Your family reminds me a lot of mine in the way that we spend so much time together and have so much fun. Family is everything and we are so fortunate to be part of great families. Not everyone is so lucky.

Heather said...

What a great post Adri. Mom and Dad are the absolute best.