Monday, July 5, 2010

SHARPLES CAMPING TRIP

We decided to take a huge family camping trip, the first one since Connor was little. Which has been at least 14 years. My dad and Aaron picked a camping spot that they have been to before. Lake Chapeta in the high unitas is where they picked. Aaron and my dad headed up a day before us and while we were just an hour away from meeting them we got a call that is was snowing and didn't look like it was going to stop.

I have now learned that when you see a sign that reads this... they aren't joking around, take this very seriously. This was at a rest stop after we turned around to find some where else to go. Which is not an easy task on a summer holiday weekend. Zach found Current Creek, about 40 minutes up a dirt canyon road but not before we spent almost 7 hours in the car. We almost went home but I am so glad we didn't. We had a blast and it was so fun to have everyone together.
Here is Lydia and one of her best buddies, Zeke playing in the car and Jake behind them smiling.
These ground squirrels were every where... this one came right to my feet.
Aaron getting his fishing line ready. Him and I were the only ones to catch a fish here.
My crazy girls eating snacks and being silly.
Everyone hanging out and just enjoying not being snowed on!
And when I say everyone came this trip... even all the single ladies had guests this time. Here is Heather with Kingston and her boyfriend Chris.
Me and Brett sitting down sooo happy to finally be out of the car.
Here is Melissa and her boyfriend Nick, teaching her how to fish. Aren't they so stinking cute!
My girlies with Em Rose eating hot dogs for dinner.
My sweet sis-in-law Kelly, btw... we ran the freedom run 5k on saturday. My first one and Kelly's second one. My time was 32.30... YAY for me!!!!!!
The men cooking. This was the first time in a long time that the men did all the cooking for dinner and guess what... it was delicious!
Lulu and Audrey sharing the love in the canyons!
Lydia was the last one awake in the morning. We all slept in tents (except Nana.. she slept in the car) even all the kids. I don't know about everyone else but it was cold. Lydia is sleeping with her winter coat on. All the kids did really good though. I was thankful that I had my little heater (Jake) to keep me warm.
Audrey and her friend boy, Josh!
My little mountain man. He loved it and was so happy to go all over. He got dirty and we didn't stop him and that made him so happy. Even though we had some snags in our trip we had a great time and it all worked out for the best. We made some great memories and decided that we aren't waiting 14 years before we go back. Thanks to my wonderful family that I love so much.

7 comments:

smithblog said...

That looks awesome! Glad you guys had fun. We haven't been camping forever.

Way proud of you on your 5k - that is a great time! You are fast!

Linda said...

Love the post and the photos. So happy to hear that you all had a good time.

Clint and Shari said...

What a fun trip!!! I love that the whole family was able to go....how often does that happen?!?!?

Way to go on your 5k!!! Have you been running a long time? You look great:)

Nana Sharples News said...

Your photos are so cute. I love our little mountain man. He did so great. I am constantly reminded of how much he is like Aaron when he was his age. So man memories come flooding back to me everytime he does something mischevious or cute like Aaron always did. I had such a great time this weekend. It was so good for our family that I want to go again... SOON....
Thanks for all of the nice photos..you do such a great job.

Kelly said...

Great post. I've got some cute pics too that you might want to snag and include here. It was fun, huh? I hope I can talk Zach into going one more time this year.

Tori said...

Looks like a great trip! My family does a camping trip in the Uintas each summer and we always have a blast. It will be different without mom this year but we are still going. Family time spent together is the BEST!!!!

Christina said...

That looks like fun! We were thinking we need to do a family camping trip. It is always so much work but so worth it at the end.