Yesterday around 3:15 pm I head out to pick up the girls from school. I open the door and there is Brett standing in the garage. I didn't think much of it at first, work has been slow and so with the holidays Brett will cut out early and spend some time at home. I say "Hey... what are you doing here". He gave me an answer I didn't see coming. With tears streaming down his face... in that few seconds while he catches his breath... I think the worst... someone has died. I was wrong... the company Brett has worked for for 17 years has had to close there doors. PEPG just hasn't been able to recover in this economy. Even though a death would be much worse, this feels like a distant relative to a death. Not knowing when the money will come in or from where. PEPG is gone and it's hard to believe and we feel empty right now. My heart aches for my family, for both the Smith families, for the Law family and mostly for my husband. Brett is a hard worker and loved PEPG. I am grateful though for the 17 years of great employment and the wonderful friendships we have made. So my #1 New Years Resolution this year for 2012 is to find Brett and new job. And during this hard time I have to take a step back and be so thankful that my family is healthy and we have each other.
MHS Homecoming 2015
10 years ago
6 comments:
It truly has been horrible for us to have to say goodbye. We are thankful for Brett and what a wonderful worker and friend he has always been. We love you guys!
You'd better warn Brett that I'm gonna hug him big time when I see him next. He's such a good guy and I hate for any man to be put in that position. We love your family and believe that good things are right around the corner for you.
I know that it's a little scary but I agree with Kelly. I know that Brett will find something very soon. I sent you a couple emails this evening. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and know that wonderful blessings are on the way
I am so sorry to read this post. After all those years you would not think something like this can happen. He is such a great guy and so smart and hard working he will be anyones first pick for a job. I try really hard to believe that everything happens for a reason. This must be happening for something great to come into your lives. I wish you all the best in the job search. Just love you guys and hope nothing but the best for you.
It happened to us about 3 years ago. I agree, it is a really scary feeling. You may not want to hear this but it ended up being the best thing that could have happened. You have a great network of family and friends that care about you and you guys have helped so many people and have been so kind that you shouldn't worry about going without. It's hard to believe it in the thick of things, but it will work out.
OH Adri, I am so sorry to read what is going on your life right now. Sending you vibes that this is only temporary and a new job is right around the corner:) Hang in there! love ya
Post a Comment