So glad it's February and we are starting to see there will be an end to winter. It has been crazy with the Holidays and then my kids off track... seems like we never slow down. Jake's birthday was almost 2 months ago but I just wanted to post a picture of his cake I made him. He loves Skylanders so I made him a Skylander Portal cake. In the game they have these random sheep jumping around so the cupcakes are those sheep. I don't know why I try and make cakes?!?! I always envision it looking better.
Jake will be starting Preschool in the fall (hopefully) so we have started looking at some places and getting pricing. I found this in-home preschool and we set up a time to go and check out the school and teacher. Yeah... that was a nightmare. I'll start with Jake is not and easy child. He is stubborn. So it all started with he wanted to play on the muddy swing set in her yard. I kept telling him no and he completely ignores me. Miss Lisa finally had to tell him no and he listened. Then as it was time to leave he wanted to take a dinasour (one of Jakes favorite things) with him. I told him no. He ignores me again. I say no jake with a little more sternness. Ignores me again and heads out the door and heads toward the car. I quickly fallow after him and now I am starting to raise my voice. I tell him to get back in here and put that toy back. Nope... nothing... so Miss Lisa tries. He finally turns around and yells... OKAY and throws the toy at me. I was completely embarrassed. I tried talking to him in the car on the way home about how we don't take things that don't belong to us. He just says, "I HATE that school and it's not a school it's someones house. I am not going to come back here. Miss Lisa is mean. I want a big school." It was partly my fault. I tried getting him excited about school telling him he could get a backpack for school like his sisters. He thought that day he was going to get a back pack and that he was going to be able to play with friends. He was disapointed and so was I. Good thing he was adamant about not going to that school because I don't think I could show my face there again. I wont get into to much detail but we are having potty problems too so that adds to my frustration everyday with him. Then the very next day... still tender about the Preschool incident... Jake (which has been told probably 100 times not to do) is walking with my IPad and drops it on my kitchen floor. I turned saw it laying face down. I didn't say anything. I couldn't even look at the damage or him. I walked to my room shut the door and sat on my bed.Look at his face... so young and innocent. My IPad screen is shattered. I was upset but not as upset as I was with the Preschool thing. I think because I want him to love school and do well. I don't want to be called to the school because he's not listening. I want him to respect his teacher. My IPad is just an IPad and it can be fixed... some day. I can be at my wits end with him and a second later he does or says something that makes me laugh and just melts my heart. I look at his face and I am reminded that it just takes a second and my whole life could be turned upside down. I see in his face all those Sandy Hook Elementary kids and I am grateful for every second we have together, the good the bad and the ugly.
1 comment:
Oh man, Adri, I totally feel for you. We have plenty of that going in these parts. I am constantly wondering how to parent my boys. Their energy and passion baffle me sometimes and sometimes it makes me laugh and a lot of times I get way too frustrated. You are doing awesome.
Post a Comment