Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In an Instant!




As of yesterday it has been 8 years since the accident. In this case I don't think time has healed much. I am still as angry as I was the first day and I still break down in tears when thinking about it. I will probably cry through this whole entry. Every one has had that time in their life or will, when you receive devastating news. Most people it's an unexpected death, Cancer, car accident, a serious illness, etc. I remember when I got the call 8 years ago at 5:00 am. I was at home making Ayana a bottle. Heather was staying with Brett and I at the time and she was in a car accident a week prior. I was helping her out with some everyday things. The phone rang and I quickly picked it up. My mom was hysterical on the other end. She said, "Aaron is in critical condition at the U of U hospital. They aren't telling us anything until we are all up there." My heart sank. This couldn't be happening to us. We all raced up there as fast as we could. We met a detective in the the hallway and took an elevator up to the burn and trama unit. In the elevator we got the new that Casey Dugdale and Chris Osuegara were killed. It took a couple of days to get all the information straight and find out all the details. Aaron, Casey and Chris were out dancing and were heading to take Aaron home. Aaron was a sleep in the back without a seat belt and they were hit from behind by Paul Upwall. Paul was drunk and after hitting the kids ran from the scene. Aaron was ejected from the vehicle. Which is why he is with us today. Casey, Chris and their families are in my thoughts everyday. Aaron has been through so much and has had a hard time. I believe he will hurt everyday for the loss of his friends. He is doing good these days. He has a girlfriend that he loves and cares very much for. He is working and seems to be happier. We love Aaron so much and thank God everyday that he is still here. I am so proud of him this last year for all the hard work he has done. I love you Aaron!

4 comments:

buchanancasa said...

Thanks for reminding me to appreciate every minute and every person in my life. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. It means alot. Although I wasnt with Aaron when the accident happened I too am thankful he is still here!! Lotsof love

Natalie said...

It's hard to believe that it's been 8 years. That was an awful time and my heart ached for your family. I'm glad that things are going well for Aaron. He deserves lots of happiness.

buchanancasa said...

Okay, I know this is my second comment, but can I tell you how much I needed those cinnamon rolls last night? That was so sweet and thoughtful of you! Sarah has a bad cold and hasn't been sleeping, Eliza has pink eye, Ash has been in Logan all week and I hadn't showered in 3 days. You are a lifesaver! How did you know? :)