Friday, May 9, 2008

Welcome Home DAVID

No matter how much I objected I was suckered into going to Murray High today to see David Archuleta. I will probably get a lot of hate comments on this but he is not my favorite. I think he is a good singer but I would rather see David Cook win. I did not want to go fight the crowds and sit with two little kids waiting to see David but I went. At the bottom left hand corner you can see David in the car with his mother. So we waited and watched the cheerleaders, drill team and dance team all perform a couple of times. Big Budha was entertaining also with the Utah sports mascots. We waited over an hour to see David. There was a lot of political jumbo before David took the stage (for those who don't know already, Governor Huntsman declared May 9th David Archuleta day for Utah). Here is the best part right before David gets ready to come on stage and sing, Evie starts crying that her tummy hurts and she has to go potty and wants to go back to my mom's and lay down. Needless to say I fought the crowds with two small children and left without seeing David sing. The picture below is towards the time we left, my kids are the only ones sitting down and not facing the stage.

6 comments:

Nana Sharples News said...

My two little cuties...so innocent and not all "jaded" by American Idol... so funny! I love seeing the girls every day...can't wait until you get a home in murray.
love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for giving into us today and coming along for David's arrival. Look at how happy your girls are even if they don't care at all about American Idol.

smithblog said...

ugh that does not sound fun at all! Sorry Evie got a tummy ache :( poor kid. Hope she feels better today!

Natalie said...

Bummer that you guys had to leave before you heard David sing. (That's Murphy's law with kids though.) I'm impressed that you braved it with your kids. That was quite a crowd.

Lulu said...

Wow. I am not too upset that I missed that. Instead I fronted out a small fortune and spent way too much time at the Verizon store. Not sure which ones better?

Anonymous said...

You are such a trooper. I didn't even want to attempt. I think David has an awesome voice, but I think he may have a hard time winning the whole thing. I am sorry about Lydia. I have to say I am not surprised. Poor Girl! I really just want to pat you on the back again for trying to make the whole thing work. You are truly amazing!