Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What Is Going On?!?!


Things have been really off with my girls the last two weeks, could it really be a result of a new baby? Here are some things that have caught me off guard. Lydia has said a few things like "Why do you love Jacob and not me", "Why do you always talk nice to baby Jake and not me", "How come you hold baby Jake and Evie holds Phoebe (our dog) and I hold no one".
Evie has cried the last 4 days when I go to drop her off at school. Yesterday was so bad I, Lydia and Jacob had to sit for 2 hours in her class. Today she faked a tummy ache to stay home. This is so not like Evelyn! She has never had a problem going to school or dance. She loves to be with people and on the go. I just don't get it, and with each of these examples I ended up in tears due to my post partum fragile emotions. Any advice anyone?

13 comments:

buchanancasa said...

I feel your pain! My kids went through the same kind of thing. It will pass, but for us what helped the most was one-on-one time without the baby around, like late night games or a quick trip to get ice cream. Then they remember that yes, they're special, it's just a busy transition time. Good luck! Can I have the girls over Friday morning?

smithblog said...

Give me a call! I have lots of ideas, some that might work, others that might not - but it is good to vent too - you can cry and I will cry with you because I am always a boob :)

Tori said...

I have no advice since I only have one child but I have seen it happen to my friends and it does pass. They have said the same thing that your girls need one on one time with you without the baby. I did a lot of tending baby so they could go to wal mart alone and stuff like that.
Good Luck!

Nana Sharples News said...

You are doing a great job Adri. Hang in there, Evie will get past this, and Lydia. You have to realize that a new baby in the house is a big adjustment for everyone, especially your children. I am glad you and Lydia got to come to dinner tonight. I love you so.
mom

Courtney said...

Sounds so normal to me. Not that it makes it better, but you are not alone

Natalie said...

Blake went through something similar when I had Cambrie. He didn't want to go back to school. He felt "sick" a lot. I got his teacher involved and she had the class make him a cool "Big Brother" book where everyone in the class drew pictures of him with his baby sister. I took pictures during the day while he was away and showed them to him when he got home so he could see what he missed. (Really not much.) That and time seemed to help him move past it. Don't be sad! Your girls will adjust. (((hugs)))

Jasmin said...

This happen every day for three months with Trynity and Tayson.
Tayson wasn't the baby anymore and Tryn wasn't my only girl anymore.
Tayson started to hit and act out lots more. Trynity didn't want to go to friends.
I was just drained! Chris was working late nights. I was a emotional WRECK.
One thing that help us out and Chris with me is taking them each somewhere Fun.
I had to tell Tayson mommy is busy feeding the baby but I will read a book in a moment instead of the NO word.

It seem like everytime I said no it just would get worse.

Hang in there sweetie you are the best.
Your girls and family love you be strong.
I know you want to be super women but sometimes we can't do everything.

Love ya

Clint and Shari said...

Oh Boy this scares me cuz I am scared that I will be going through this same thing in a few months with Carter. He loves being my little buddy. So once you figure things out please pass on the advice to me. Also Yes we still have your gift sitting on my dresser upstairs. Maybe on your way to preschool you can stop by one day or we will try to stop by soon. Sorry! Also please let us know when the next GNO is. I need a break:)

Christina said...

I know this might not help but I just have to say that I think this is so cute. I can just imagine all of you sitting in the little kindergarten class. You are a great mommie. Samuel told me that he is allergic to babies. So, I am sure if I ever had another, I would be calling you to see how you got through this (because you will!).

Heather said...

Hang in there sis. You are a good mom and your girls are great kids. I wish I had some good advice to give you...I just beat mine when they are bad...jk. They adjust sooner than you think and everything will be back to normal...if that is what you call it.

Jesi said...

Just hang in there. If that doesn't work I know a couple of girls who love to go to movies. Kristy thinks a night at the movies solves everything. She's probably right.

Your kids are so cute. Tell the girls Hello!!

BRAGG LIFE said...

So I just remembered a comment I wanted to leave. My little sis and her husband are guru's at child raising for some reason and the way they handled the new baby was that her husbad spend all of his home time playing with thier oldest. It seemed to work really well because she was still so much attention. Then when their oldest would go to bed, it was his chance to hold the baby. I dont know if it will help you guys but it worked like magic for them.

BRAGG LIFE said...

So I just remembered a comment I wanted to leave. My little sis and her husband are guru's at child raising for some reason and the way they handled the new baby was that her husbad spend all of his home time playing with thier oldest. It seemed to work really well because she was still so much attention. Then when their oldest would go to bed, it was his chance to hold the baby. I dont know if it will help you guys but it worked like magic for them.