
Those who do not know, Rotavirus is a virus that infects the bowels. It is the most common cause of severe diarrhea among infants and children throughout the world and causes the death of about 600,000 children worldwide annually. Currently there is a vaccine for Rotavirus which babies will get before they turn 1. There was a time when they stopped giving the vaccine and Lydia happened to be one that did not get the vaccine. Most of you know, that landed us 6 days at Primary Childrens hospital. Lydia was so dehydrated that they were afraid she would go into heart failure over night. We had to stay in the hospital until she could keep down more then what she was putting out.
So... Rotavirus showed it's ugly face again this weekend. It has gone through my whole family in the matter of 3 days. Babies are most affected by rotavirus so Jake is still fighting it. It has been a long weekend... Jake and I were sick Friday, Lydia was friday night and saturday, Brett was saturday and Evie was saturday night and sunday. I am so thankful that Jake has been vaccinated because if he hadn't we would be in the hospital. Even though Jake is having a hard time it hasn't been as bad as Lydia's was. Please vaccinate your kids or at least get all the facts before you decide not to.
MHS Homecoming 2015
10 years ago
6 comments:
So sorry you guys have not been well - hope you are better soon
This is also known as the ROTA virius. We spent six days as well last year in the hostipal. The doctor sent us home when we went to the E.R giving us some pills. It was like 10 hours later that we bake in. See Trynity had the shot but Tayson didn't. He look like a starving child from Africa. His eyes were sunk in and all of his bones you could see. They couldn't get a vein to put the i.v through. So they ended up poking him seven times, finally going through his neck. I did not no you went through this with Lydia. I am so sorry to hear you are now going through this again.
So THAT's what it ended up being? What a nightmare! Micah had it as a baby and he wasn't hospitalized, but I could not believe how much water he diarrhead out. It was so scary. How great that they have a vaccine for it now. Hope you'll all be recovered soon!
You poor thing! I hope you are all feeling much much better!
I am so sorry. I feel so bad for you and your family. I am glad everything is on the up and up! I miss you!
Oh man! Scary when these cute little kids get so sick. I'm glad Primary Children's took good care of her. You must be so tired. Take care!
Post a Comment