Now that some time has passed and it has all soaked in... I can't believe I ran a half marathon. They had some professionals taking pictures along the whole 13.1 miles. At times I could see them and at other times I missed them. Here are 2 pictures of the 11 that were taken of me. I only posted the ones I really liked. There were some pictures where I didn't see a photographer it was around mile 11 and I was pretty much done... believe me... I looked like it too!
Me and Nanette cheese balling it up for a good photo shoot!
Me at probably 9 miles... still in pretty good spirits.On another note... my kids go back on track to school tomorrow. I am super sad about it. I LOVE having my girls home. We don't have to follow a schedule, we play, they play with Jake, they help me, we stay up late.... uggghhhh... I wish they could be home all the time.
Kelly (my sis-in-law) lost her dad to cancer on Tuesday. I think about her everyday and my heart aches for her loss. I can't imagine not having my dad around. It has made me really cherish my family this past week. Love ya Kell!
Melissa gets married in 7 days and I can't wait! I am so excited for her and my soon to be new brother-in-law. The grocery stores have all there baking items on sale for the Holiday's and that makes me so excited for this time of year. We go to Disneyland with Brett's parents the week after Thanksgiving and we are so excited to spend time with them. We have really missed Glen and Linda aka Grandpa and Grandma "B".
2 comments:
In the mornings I wish my kids didn't have school. But around noon I am glad they do :).
Our kids go back tomorrow and I've got mixed feelings about it. I do love the sleeping in thing, but all of us do so much better with a schedule, and when they're home, we never stick to a schedule. It's always an attempt to balance work, housekeeping and play with them and to be honest, I feel like this time off track has been such a lame one for them. Congrats again on the half! Downhill is much quicker on your time, but so much harder on your body! I would have loved to do that this year, just didn't have the time to train but I know what you mean about feeling burnt out. Nothing wrong with giving your body a chance to heal though. You've got the fever though dontcha? And you look fabulous! If you ever need a running buddy, especially now that it's dark so early, I'd love the company.
Post a Comment