Saturday, February 26, 2011

Running, Red Rocks and Hopefully a Partner


I have decided the only way to get my butt back into running is to register for a race. My friend Nanette has been asking me for months to do the Red Rock Relay in Moab. I was hesitant because of my IT band issue but it has felt pretty good lately and with some continued stretching and strengthening, I think I can do it. I haven't ran (other then just a few short runs) since my half marathon in October. I am really excited and nervous but I think it will be good. Now, I just need a partner. I had Audrey talked into it but after seeing the maps of her runs she is feeling not so confident and is worried she doesn't have enough time to train. I keep telling her she can do it with a lot of work and commitment. So she is going to do her best to prepare but she has been working on getting understudies just in case. So now all I need to do is get running and get me some new running kicks! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Clint and Shari said...

Good Luck! I can't wait to be able to put on my new kicks from Christmas and go out for a run:) One more month! Let the countdown begin:)

Carlye Momma said...

GOOD LUCK MAMA! You'll be awesome! I'm good to run with you any time! You say when and I'm there. I'm doing the Red Rock down in Southern Utah. When is the Moab one? Are you looking for a partner to run the race, or to train with?

smithblog said...

I know you can both do it! I know the runs look hard but I promise if you train now you will be more than ready. Also remember you have an awesome team that will be there to support you and cheer you on!