Last Saturday I stayed home from work to do some things around the house that I have really been wanting to get done. It requires Brett and I to be home together which doesn't happen much. Even with him no longer employed, he has spent a lot of time at work finishing small projects and stuff. We spent all Saturday cleaning and organizing our basement (8 years of crap piled up). I got into the hall closet to grab a huge bag of finger nail polish, Evie wanted me to paint her nails. I didn't realize I was pushing off a huge roll of paper from a shelf. I stepped back and all I know was something landed on my foot. I had no idea what happened... I couldn't even think, my foot was in so much pain. But what I could gather from the evidence was that roll of paper landed on my middle toe. I knew it was broken. Even though at that moment I couldn't see anything wrong, I felt it. It didn't take long... within an hour it was swollen and all black and blue. Still can't walk on it very well and I have 3 funerals to work the next 3 nights... so sorry toe, you are really going to be mad.
btw... no news on the job front. Hopefully we will have something soon.
MHS Homecoming 2015
10 years ago
2 comments:
Ouch!!! Get better soon!
Sorry about your toe. Is Brett getting paid on a daily basis for finishing up his small projects or is it part of a larger severance pay package? Thinking of you and know that things are going to work out even better for you and the family
Post a Comment