Sunday, June 24, 2012

Camping '12

We did our first camping trip (one of maybe 3 but who knows) this weekend. I say we will do more because a big part of our family couldn't make it this trip. Nick and Lu were in Disneyland with the Larkin's and Zach and his family had church callings they couldn't get out of. So I am sure there will be at least one more trip. I usually take tons of pictures and I am finding out more and more that I am not doing so great at that. I realized that it's because of Jake... we (Brett and I) are constantly chasing him around and when we aren't doing that... we are to tired to do anything else. I did capture one moment.
Jake holding a snake Heather found. He loved it and had a hard time sharing with the other boys.

And of course KISSES   

Jake can within 30 seconds make me so frustrated and bring me to tears and then in the next 30 seconds he can make my heart melt.
The girls are getting older now and since we have been to this campsite for a couple years they feel comfortable to hike out on their own. With walkie talkies of course. So Evie took my camera with her to capture some of her favorite camp moments. I posted some of my favorites.




Way down in the pond is a beaver home. They found this own their own. I have never seen this pond on our other comping trips.

And a Beaver... 

What?!?!?!...  2 Beavers


Of course the tree they have chopped down to build their cozy home.


It was so fun to see Evie's photos and she was so excited to show them to me. 
The weather was great, the food was amazing and the time spent with family was the best part. Missed the family that couldn't make it but we are looking forward to round 2. 

2 comments:

Clint and Shari said...

Fun! I love family camping trips!

Linda said...

Love the photo's - Evie didd a good job. Not fond of the snake though34