Wednesday, February 2, 2011

CrAvInG or AdDiCtIoN

I will start this post off with "No I am not pregnant" that will be the first question that pops in your head. So... I have really been fighting some cravings that have turned into addiction.

This (dill pickle with tabasco) is what I had for a snack today... it's NOT what I crave but it's what I ate that was as little calorie as possible to get my mind off what I really crave.

Addiction is an uncontrollable compulsion to repeat a behavior regardless of its negative consequences. This is what I crave and have a serious addiction for. I have never loved McDonalds until recently. I seriously have no idea what my problem is. I know it's not good for me but that has not stopped me from eating it. I wont tell you how many times I have had McDonalds in the past 3 weeks... just trust me, it's alot.

So I found this picture on the internet (who would pose for this I have no idea) and I will keep this image in my head every time I have a craving for McDonalds. I have an addictive personality and I get hooked easily. I do it with everything. I just need to get back to being addicted to eating right and running. Wish me luck!
My girls love to put make-up on. This is Lydia after she got dolled up with her new make-up kit from Christmas.
He does everything his sisters do. This is Jake after putting make-up on.

3 comments:

smithblog said...

Ok, I have to say EW, GROSS and WHAT THE HELL!

Then I have to say aww cute! You can't put a nasty gross post and then a darling one - it throws off the balance :D

Carlye Momma said...

Love that pic! I will definitely keep that in mind when I have yucky cravings!!! I have a totally addictive personality, something that runs in my family...which is one reason why I have never even tasted alcohaul or cigarettes/drugs, etc. I just know if I like the taste I will never put it down. Kind of like Dr. Pepper. I was so good for YEARS and got off of it for a long time, then got hooked one hot summer day last year when I was thirsty and that was all my sister had right there. Well, except for one day when Cam knew I was having a bad day and brought one home for me...I haven't had it since Jan. 1. Just reading through this post has made me thirst for one...my point to all of this ranting is that I so know what you mean. You know it's not good for you, you know what it will do to your body...but the hunger/thirst/craving for it is almost unbearable. I have been getting back into my regular running regime (yes in the cold even) and it has really been helping me try to stick to my eating better. One problem I'm still having though is if I don't have something good to eat in the house...I will go without eating period until dinner...which I know is a "no no." We should meet and run together. It could take the sting out of it if you want. I can't do the treadmill thing. It's just too boring for me. It might be a little easier though to work on my pace. Anywho...there's my novel for you. You're welcome. ;-)

Your daughter and your little monkey look FABULOUS in that shade of pink, I might add. :-) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK (and that pickle and hot sauce made me gag a little...just sayin.) haha!

Kelly said...

Pickles and hot sauce? I've never heard of that little concoction! I'm with you McDonalds. My rule at McD's is I can only eat the food my kids don't finish.