Tuesday, February 22, 2011

These KIDS!!!

I look at my kids and I can't believe how big they are all getting. I look at my 2 cute nieces that will be going to Jr. High next year. My 1 niece will being doing her last year in elementary. Evie is halfway done with elementary. My oldest nephew will be a senior in High School. Where has the time gone?!?!

Jake is getting to be a big boy. When I took him to his 2 yr check-up the doctor talked to me about having Jake's hearing checked and some tests because of his lack of speech. I haven't done it (horrible mommy) mostly because he has started talking more since then. Nothing close to how much my girls were talking but it's getting better. Maybe it's a boy thing! I haven't started the potty training but Jake (on his own) has gone pee and poop in the potty several times. I should just bite the bullet and just give it 100%. I would love to not have to change diapers but in a way it makes me sad he is my last baby and that part of my life... changing my kids diapers... will be over.

Another part that is over... we took the crib down. It is pretty hammered after 3 kids. Plus Jake was trying to climb out of it and I was terrified he would fall and break his neck. We made the mistake of laying with the girls until they fell asleep when they were little. I refuse to make that same mistake with Jake. For the most part he does pretty good in his bed. He will come out a couple times but we just tell him to go back to bed and he eventually falls asleep. He looks so small in this big bed.

5 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

Doesn't it just break your heart how quickly time flies with these little stinks? Taking down the crib for the last time absolutely ripped my heart out. I definitely noticed a difference in my boys' speach compared to the girls on our street that are the same ages as them. But, if it's something you feel is a concern, definitely don't hesitate. It could make all the difference in the world. :-)

smithblog said...

They get way too big way too fast! I had a hard time with the not having any more babies etc. too. As for the speech - I would do it - it certainly can't hurt and it could make a big difference for when he goes to school. (just my 2 cents)

The Ottosen Family said...

I would totally get Jake checked. We just started "early intervention" for Jaxon. Due to his chronic ear infections and being sick all the time... it's already started to help (we've been doing it for 3 weeks)! Do it... It took me a year to call them, but now I wish I would have started a year ago!
Good luck!
Natalie

Tori said...

So true...I look at Bailee and wonder where the time has gone also. I cannot believe that I have an almost 11 year old. She is getting so pre teen and I cannot handle it. Since she is obviously going to be our only one I am so sad to know that everything she does will be our last since there is not a younger sibling coming along to do it again...It is so sad. Time flies and there is no going back so I guess we just enjoy every minute we can...your kids are so darling, you are so lucky to have that cute family that you do...

Heather said...

They do get big so fast. One minute they are in 2nd grade the next they are going to Jr. High...ugh! Lord help us all. So proud of Jake for potty training himself...can you ask him to help Kingston? Jake is a clever boy. His speech will catch up with him. As far as his hearing..I think that is "selective hearing" lol!