Thursday, July 21, 2011

Liberty Park/Gateway

I have really tried to keep the kids entertained so far this summer. Isn't that what summer is all about... creating all these memories of things we don't do every day. It isn't always easy to think of things plus being on a budget. While trying to think of something that wasn't going to cost a lot of money I remembered taking Evie and Lydia to Liberty Park when they were way little. I honestly think it has been 4 years since I was last there. So I loaded the kids and we headed up town. My girls didn't remember any of it. Evie even said on the way up, "I don't understand. This sounds boring". The girls wouldn't put on swim suits because they said it sounded babyish. Look how much fun they had.
Jake playing in the little ponds.
I can't get Jake to sit still for a second... he is never looking at the camera.
Cheese ball.
Oh yeah... were not having any fun.
Climbing to the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon.
Wow... what a hike.
They were wishing they had their swim suits now. I love these girls!

So Liberty Park was fun and it brought back a lot of memories. Super crowded and with kids that had mouths worse then some rated "R" movies. It was fun though. After we headed to Gateway to run through the fountains. Yep... that lasted about 45 minutes... then they were done.
It was actually really crowded there too.
Jake went through a couple times but sat on my lap for most of it. He isn't feeling good. We have been to the doctor twice in the last 2 days. He has a sinus infection, an ear infection and a stomach thing we are watching closely. Poor kid... I swear he has been sick all summer long. It's not fair this is the time for healthy, glowing, tan kids.

1 comment:

Clint and Shari said...

Fun!!! I was just up to Gateway last night and made a promise to myself that I would bring my kids up here to run through the fountains. I don't think they have ever been there.....sad huh?