Friday, February 22, 2008

Shots!!!

Evelyn has been so excited to go to Kindergarten, until she found out she needed shots before. Today was the big day. Evie and Lydie both had their check ups with the pediatrician today. Lydia got away without any shots today. Evelyn however was not so lucky. Evelyn needed 4 shots today to get caught up on her immunizations for kindergarten. I warned her earlier in the week we had an appointment on Friday and their were going to be some shots. She asked me a couple times if it was going to hurt. She would get upset for a little bit and then forget. This is Evelyn waiting for the nurse to come back in and give the shots. When the nurse came in she asked if she could see the needle, big mistake. To say the least she freaked! She started crying and screaming. Brett and I tried talking to her and she just got more upset. To delay the process she said she needed to go potty. I could hear her crying in the bathroom "Daddy please.... I don't want to have shots.... no daddy.... no!" It broke my heart. It took both Brett and I to hold her down. Lydia was so cute too, she started crying and saying "I don't want them to hurt my Ebalin". Both girls had really good check ups. Very healthy, we are to watch Lydia's pneumonia track record. She may have asthma!

7 comments:

Jennica said...

I hate shots... It is so sad to see our kids hurt like that. That pictures is so dang cute though.

Kelly said...

That is the worst when you have to hold your kid down. Makes you feel like the worst parent in the world, doesn't it? She seemed pretty happy at dinner so I'm glad she wasn't too traumatized by it. What a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Shots are not fun. I am so sorry you had to go through such a tramatic experience. We have had a similar experience and I started crying with them. It breaks a parents heart to have to watch their kids be in any pain.

I have to say though, Meg is definately less dramatic about it than Carson. I am not sure why since she is a drama queen on everything else.

Natalie said...

I can't hold it together when my kids scream and cry like that. Darn shots! I'm glad you survived the ordeal.

buchanancasa said...

I feel your pain. I had to human-pretzel myself around Eliza to hold her tight enough for the nurse to get it done! You were smart to have your husband come.

Lulu said...

SO sad! But I love the picture.

johnsonfamily said...

The twins needed their shot too. Ashton layed there so brave, he didn't shed one tear and Ava went crazy when she say the needles. Cute pic, what a beautiful pouty face.