I hate this time of year! I hate summer being over it means the end of warm weather, swimming, BBQ's, sleeping in late, going to bed late, vacations, fire pits, camping... and so much more I love about summer. The hardest part for me though is... my kids going back to school. I miss them when they aren't here. I worry if other kids are being nice to them... if they are doing okay in school! We did a hike on Saturday with the kids. Here are a few pictures.
Evie is the only girl I know who brought a purse on the hike so she could re-apply her lipgloss.

Brett and I... my first time using my timer on my camera.

Audrey and I... my bestest friend in the whole world!

Evie was off playing with Mikayla and her little friend so she wasn't in this family shot.

This picture explains how my whole week has gone. Jake has a bad cold and he is not himself. He has been having these meltdowns and nothing makes him happy. My look is "Why are you sooo sad little dude. I have tried everything so I am just going to watch you and hope that it will pass soon" and it usually does.

I have loved running this summer. I wanted to do alot more races but.... oh well, maybe I can get in a few more before the weather changes too much. Me after a 5 mile run!

We have had some crazy weather this month... cool and lots of rain for August. This is Evie holding hail we had a couple of weeks ago. The girls thought it was pretty cool. Anyway... wish us luck tomorrow on going back to school. :(
5 comments:
We start school tomorrow, too. sniff sniff I hate it when summer ends.
You look so good:) Your running is paying off big time! How often do you run?
Thanks so much for hanging out with us on Saturday. The hike, although hard, was lots of fun. It's all about building memories! Love you guys!
Awesome update! Love all the pics, you guys are such a cute family!
You made it to Cecret Lake - isn't it a pretty hike? That picture of you and Audrey is super cute.
I love the photo's, Looks like you had a great summer making beautiful memories
Post a Comment