Saturday, August 28, 2010

Midnight Run 5k

Last night Me, Kelly, Nanette and Natalie ran the Sandy Midnight 5k. I have been excited about this race... to do it at midnight and run in the dark with a crowd of people. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to make it with Brett's hernia surgery that morning but he was feeling good enough to let me go. It was a blast.
In this picture: (My sis-in-law and 5k companion) Kelly, Me, Natalie (Nanette's marathon buddie) and Nanette (my friend for 12 years).

Me and Kelly getting ready to run!
Zach and Emmy came to cheer us on! It was so fun to have family there.
Kelly- remember when I first talked to you about the Redrock and you kept saying "No... I am not a runner and I hate running"! Look at us now sista! It has been so great running these 5k's with you. We need to get in a few more before the snow!
If anyone is interested. I finished with a time of 31.48... my best time yet!



5 comments:

Kelly said...

I totally think we should do the Red Rock next year. I think if I keep training, I might be able to keep up with you. It's been fun this year! We need to get the other girls out. I think it is a bonding experience.

smithblog said...

You did freaking awesome! You should TOTALLY do the Red Rock! We can make a team together if you want!!! If you can get 6 people I'll get 6 then woola! That would be soo much fun!

BTW you look freaking awesome!!!

2nd BTW - I look just a tinsy bit too excited for the run - what is up with my creepy grin hehe.

smithblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clint and Shari said...

Way to go!!! Sounds like you had lots of fun plus you did awesome:) Great time!

Natalie said...

I'm so impressed at all the running you're doing. You look amazing!