Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend - Part 3

Here are the girls getting the instructions or the Easter Egg hunt at Nana's. Evie had pink eggs this year and Lydia had orange (anyone who doesn't already know, Orange is Lydia's favorite color). The baskets had all the kids names on them and their nicknames, either given by Papa or Uncle Aaron. Evelyn's said Queen Narnie, nicknamed by Papa. Long story, but Evelyn loved the movie Narnia, the name has stuck since then. Lydia's said Pretty Little Lydie, this was given by Papa and Uncle Aaron. Audrey has even made up a little song that she sings to Lydia. We have nicknames for all the kids.
This is Zach laying on the grass with one of Lydia's easter eggs on his side. She wasn't sure what to do at first.
Evie finding her eggs. She even did this in platform sandals, way to go Evie!
Now the fun stuff, opening the eggs. Nana makes the kids open one person at a time and one egg at a time. These eggs are either filled with dollar bills or a piece of paper that says a prize on it. All the kids love the money because they know they can go to the store and get whatever they want, except Lydia. She would ask her dad to read her papers and when she got a dollar she would unfold it, turn and ask her daddy "What does it say". Brett would tell her it's a dollar. She would start crying. Every time we would explain to her that she could go pick something with the dollars she is getting. Every time she would unfold the dollar and ask her dad what does it say. Every time Brett would answer it's a dollar. Guess what, every time she would start crying. My family laughed harder each time Lydia opened an egg with a dollar. My little Lydie!

This is what Brett and I did most of the spare time. Holding baby Kingston! Brett loves to hold the newborns. He says this is the best time to hold them they just snuggle up and sleep. I would have to agree, I didn't want to let him go.

8 comments:

Audmann said...

You took some really good pictures of the girls during the easter egg hunt. Poor little Lydie had such a hard time with the dollars. I have a feeling she will be doing better when she gets to go to the store and pick out a toy with that money.

Lulu said...

Looks like you all had lots of fun. Mom told me about Lydia and the dollar situation. Pretty funny and sad at the same time.

smithblog said...

That looks like so much fun! Your guys kids are so beautiful! Funny about Lydia and the $ -- she's a girl, she'll figure out that money is a good thing pretty soon!

Linda said...

Great photo of all the girls. They sure are growing up fast!

Natalie said...

I love your family Easter egg hunt. I love that Lydia was sad about the dollars.

Nana Sharples News said...

The photos are beautiful of the kids at the Easter Egg hunt. I miss them today...Thanks for all of your help yesterday. Love you
mom

Jasmin said...

That is so funny about Lydia! I have to laugh! Lots of Fun just like the old days. I love all the pictures such cute girls.

Jennica said...

What a great family you guys have. You are always doing something great with all of the Sharples. Cute kids.